Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Curvature

Author: Caleb D. Duku

Curvature

A winding staircase of flesh forbidden

To the dry tongues of the desert

-ed soul, broken for a fix, mends

my desire, my longing to

hold gently onto heave-

n’ know that I yield

Succumbing to your vibe-

Rations are needed to keep

me alive and in check from the war-

ease with which I am tendered daily

Loving hands nurture me like plants among-

st-rong friends weather me down they do with-

out a care-ess to my cheek and a boon to my name.

My pain is now lost to your bosom, the curves drip of my tears

Rain falls from a mountain of soft skin and pours over into a valley of

the sweetest arrow –marred heart, scars of love and pain are deep within

this soul for running from a shadow of yourself is impossible, your love is

dual, doubly folded into my palms, the softest Persian fabrics of the

world is within my grasp, within the reach of my mind and

I sew and I knit it until it forms an eternal curve of

Beauty and love which is you and i.

1 comment: